Saturday, September 24, 2011

I am a breakfast quiche, what are you?

So, I haven't written in a long, long time. But today I needed to share something amazing. I am not an Omelet, I am a breakfast quiche! I have tried so hard all of my life to be an omelet, to be what I thought everyone wanted me to be. I am not that person. I am not an omelet...not that everyone wanted me to be, but it was what I perceived. I like to project my fears and ideas onto other people, and then I use it to control myself.
But today I decided that I want to be a breakfast quiche. Why, you may ask. Because I have always been one, and it is time to show it off. I am going to discover me.
I decided that I like feeling feminine, but I don't feel feminine dressed like my sisters, I feel like I am playing dress up. But I felt feminine in my choir dress that had a corset top, and my prom dress, which also had a corset top. I feel like a girl when I wear heels, and boots. I like wearing make-up--sometimes, but not always.
I am allowed to like corsets and lace up jeans, or floor length dresses. I am going to allow myself to be me. I can't change who I am, but I can learn to love who I am. Why? Because I am an amazing person! I can be funny, and ridiculous. I like vampires! And Fantasy worlds. I love LDS romance novels. I love to write silly romances. I love belly dancing, and Zumba. I love to sing--loudly! I love my friends and my sisters but I am not them, and I don't have to be. I am allowed to be whatever I want to be. And that is WONDERFUL!!!

3 comments:

  1. Very well put, Alexis! I need to be better at the very same thing.

    "Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!!! You are you! You are loved just the way you are and no one, NO ONE has the right to make you feel inferior if you don't fit into a percieved mold.
    All of you CLC-girls are amazing! I love you all very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so proud that you have decided this! I think you make a lovely NON-omlet girl. ; ) Sure do love you.

    ReplyDelete